• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Adding EFI

leekvanli

I have a 63 Bonne with a 455 tri power carb system. I would like to scrap the tri power and install an EFI system. Anyone done this? Info on what to use. Do you like it etc?

Thanks for any info people. Much appreciated.

Lee

I have been going through this with my '64 Bonneville. I have my original 389 out to 400ci, with Edelbrock heads, and was developing a 2x4 dual quad EFI set-up using a standalone ECU.

This swap couldn't be much easier right now, though common cars like Impalas and GTOs benefit from more aftermarket parts making it a bit easier. Personally I avoid the "bolt on" EFI "kits" as throttle body injection is really not proper injection - you need port injection to get the best from EFI.

I have posted all the parts I used and info on the swap on my website www.bargegarage.com