• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Pontiac owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Ambient light sensor and what is next to it?

Zeb92

Reaction score
I'm able to find the ambient temperature sensors for the outside of the car but you cannot find the light sensor or whatever is directly next to it. Little to no information anywhere for these and it doesn't seem that they're available for purchase. Can someone shed some ambient light on this? Please

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Isn't your light sensor on top of the dashboard?

Zeb92

Reaction score
Yes that's correct it's a little centerpiece that goes in the middle of the dash has the anti-theft light, ambient light sensor and one additional but I'm not sure what that one is and I cannot find any part numbers corresponding to it

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
What prompted you to start pulling all three out of the dashboard?
Is something not working?

Zeb92

Reaction score
Automatic climate control has been acting funny, clicking noises from dash, trying to test sensor. All the plastic on those basically crumbled from heat damage and I'm trying to replace them

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Clicking noise from dash is probably one of the blend door actuator motors is failing, not a sensor problem.

Zeb92

Reaction score
Okay thank you. Those sensors have still crumbled apart and the connectors to them so I need to replace still irregardless. Junkyard I'm guessing?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Look at gmpartsdirect.com to see if anything is available

Zeb92

Reaction score
Appreciate your help!