• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any major problems with '76 Ventura?

JackiK

TX
Found one I like but friend told me to try and find out if there are any major problems with this model. I'm a blonde with no mechanical knowledge!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You are talking about a 42 year old car so there could be tons of things wrong with the car. You need to have it checked by a professional mechanic before buying it and if it needs certain parts, interior, sheet metal, lights, etc. find out if they are still available.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
The 260 V8 Oldsmobile motor is a great long mileage motor, not much performance but it will save you much gas.

If you are lucky, it would have the 5 speed manual trans with it also.

So basically, you will have a long running, durable car if it's been taken care of, parts are easily available ,( Chevy Nova same car basically,)as long it's not rusted badly.

Not much of a collector car, but time will tell.

Doug in P.R. :)