Anyone go with a Sniper Fi ?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Not sure why you would do 2bbl .
You do realize you have to install a FI pump of some sort and I believe a return?

avell007

2bbl supports up to 350hp , no return line needed , I will need an additional pump system that mounts under the hood it supplys 58 psi . Total investment around $1600 . So I found a Mr Gasket adapter to mount it on a 4bl intake just now.

avell007

I thought more eyes would be on this in the lounge than in the Cat forum its more of an engine technical question than a body specific question. Sorry I guess.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You are the first person on this site to ask about using a throttle body style injection on an older Pontiac. All the posts I have seen on Chevy sites go for the 4bbl setup. Without additional changes, exhaust, intake, heads, cam you wont be gaining anything putting a EFI system on especially if you currently have a Quadrajet and are going for a 2bbl EFI.

avell007

Lars is on Corvette forum tech area , I hear he is the best.
I am doing a full rebuild on the 400/330 not looking at all for performance gains just wanting some new technology on the vehicle , starting the car without pumping the gas pedal and not worrying about the carb flooding out ect is what I am looking at. I still want the stock appearance and air filter housing to stay.
My carb actually runs great I rebuilt it a few years back , I think the 400 will run nice with Fi I will research it more , thanks for the replies.

tremex

I have installed a number of the sniper units on various cars . They are very easy to install and get running and you will quite pleased with results . Try utube as there are
a number of infomercials so to speak that follow the complete process and setup . I purchased a unit for my sons birthday as gift to install on his buick v8 powered miata roadster .
It will make you wonder why you did not do it sooner if you happen to chose that path.
Geo