• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Aztek brake warning light

seanimo

nh
My 2003 aztek has a random brake warning light and annoying alarm dinger that goes off intermittently I have unhitched the wires to the master cylinder and replaced the switch for the parking brake and it still happens any ideas of what could be setting it off ?It seems to be worse when raining and on bumpy roads .

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You have checked the master cylinder fluid level and checked all 4 brakes and all hoses and all brake lines for a leak?

seanimo

nh
I don't think so I replaced that switch but I will check it for continuity .It is a very simple switch .
Thanks for the advice .

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the switch is working which is why the light comes on, it is not correctly adjusted if it comes on over bumpy roads.