Back window

Gene53

Rear window in my 08 has detached completely, no luck finding any body shop to repair it. Anyone else have this problem?

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
There is a GM TSB on this issue. I have spoke to several Solstice and Sky owners who have done this repair and it has worked out well for them. They just caution to mask off the top and window as the 3M sealant is hard to remove if it gets on the top!!!!! I have attached the TSB

They all said it was easy to do, they used blocks of wood to keep the window in place while the sealant dried, they all said they did it with the top up and latched. They say just take your time and clean the area the sealant goes well.

I have not needed to do this yet, but I suspect I will eventually. Good Luck

Attachments

• TSB060857002C-rearwindow.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 1

Gene53

There is a GM TSB on this issue. I have spoke to several Solstice and Sky owners who have done this repair and it has worked out well for them. They just caution to mask off the top and window as the 3M sealant is hard to remove if it gets on the top!!!!! I have attached the TSB

They all said it was easy to do, they used blocks of wood to keep the window in place while the sealant dried, they all said they did it with the top up and latched. They say just take your time and clean the area the sealant goes well.

I have not needed to do this yet, but I suspect I will eventually. Good Luck
Thank you very much, I will have to try this. I think someone did a poor job reattaching this before. I live in Florida and my garage gets up to 100° fairly often with the doors closed. I'm sure that contributed to the failure.