• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

backup lites, trunk release, evaporator emission solenoid...

flynndawg

east tn
hi folks... im gonna break yer brains... I bought a 08 g5 2 weeks ago... it has been 'bumped' in the back... the rear bumper has been replaced... the back up lites aren't hooked up... the tag lite is not hooked up... I have hookups but none of the clips match... im assuming I have a hot feed from the power but I don't know to clip them in to anything... and the trunk button is hooked up but it wont work either... pix attached..

Attachments

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
There has to be a harness coming from the front of the car that everything plugs into. You may want to see if a local salvage yard has a G5 or Cobalt that you can look at to see what you are missing.

flynndawg

east tn
I have a picked a part in town... I was there a few days ago but didn't realize I needed the harness... I need a few nuts for the back lites, dash piece, and the harness... I haven't checked the fuses yet to see if the trunk release is good... and I have a error code for the evaporator emission solenoid but ive not dug into that yet either... it got so freekin cold and my 89 stang is in the garage... ;)

flynndawg

east tn
I found the wiring harness and got all the lites working... I ordered a car jack on ebay… its new... but I cant figure out what the threaded screw attached to it is for... any help is appreciated... im still searching youtube... thanks guys...

Attachments

flynndawg

east tn
I guess its 1 of those 2 bolts... I don't know why it would be stuck on the top of the jack... I hope I don't sound stupid, I just aint used to the 'newfangled' cars... im a old ford guy... I got a 89 stang gt, 93 ford bronco, and a 05 f150 I had to get help from my mechanic beer drinkin buddy to figger out how to drop the spare... the stang and bronco I know inside out... :) and thank you melsg5... u have been a big help, especially on the rear wiring harness... thanks buddy... :)