Best way to sell my late husband's 1952 Pontiac Chieftain

DeborahK

Hi Everyone - Total Uneducated in Cars Person Here! My husband recently passed away and was the proud owner of a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain. It appears to be in good condition with many original features. As I know NOTHING about vintage cars, I am at a loss for how to sell it. I looked into the whole Hemmings, Auto Trader, Auto Locator thing and I am just getting more confused. I even thought about Facebook Marketplace. I really want it to get into the hands of someone who would appreciate it as it has survived so well for so may years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
:)

Modify message

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Hi Everyone - Total Uneducated in Cars Person Here! My husband recently passed away and was the proud owner of a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain. It appears to be in good condition with many original features. As I know NOTHING about vintage cars, I am at a loss for how to sell it. I looked into the whole Hemmings, Auto Trader, Auto Locator thing and I am just getting more confused. I even thought about Facebook Marketplace. I really want it to get into the hands of someone who would appreciate it as it has survived so well for so may years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
:)

Modify message
Hi Deborah,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss... I understand you want to get your husband's vehicle into the right hands. I think eBay would be a good shot. Also, here. You never know who's looking around here. While it's not the busiest place - there are classic Pontiac enthusiasts here... Posting good pictures is important... Craigslist might be a good option as well. Do be careful when you're dealing with the public. I think it would be best to have people with you when somebody comes to look at the car...