blinking red light on radio panel

DLB

Hello,

Recently I purchased a 2005 SV6 with the 1sb package. There is nothing I can find in the manual about the red light on the upper left hand corner that blinks when I remove the key from the ignition. I suspect it has to do with the security system, but the manual mentions only a light on the dash near the windshield.

Does anyone know what this means?

Dan

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
do you have a factory radio and if so which one?
is the light effected by locking the vehicle with the key fob?

DLB

do you have a factory radio and if so which one?
is the light effected by locking the vehicle with the key fob?
I am fairly certain it is a factory radio, but how do I find which one? It does have the controls on the steering wheel, and it plays single MP3 CDs. There is no indication of being the BOSE system that I can tell.

I am not where I can check right now, but I think the light comes on immediately after the key is removed from the ignition.

DLB

you can look in the owners manual to determine which radio you have
http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/pontiac/2005-Pontiac-Montana.pdf

I asked what happens to the blinking light when you lock the vehicle with the key fob ?
Thank you for your patience. As I mentioned, I just bought the van and do not have access to it right now.

The manual has one illustration for the single cd player system. It looks like mine. There is even a small circle just above the volume knob where the led I am asking about is located. It says that the six-disk CD is similar.

As I read this, I noticed that the single CD player will take a CD in without pressing the "load" button, while the six-disk CD player needs the "load" to be pressed first. From that I think I must have the six-disk system afterall. Mine will not take a disk w/o first pressing the "load" button.

These are the only 2 models in the manual. I have been looking up my VIN # and have not found any details about the radio itself.

When I get back to the car I will check what happens with the led after using the key fob. It is not that easy to see from outside of the car, so I have not noticed it before. With all of the details in this manual, and even showing the led in the illustration, I would have expected some explanation to my question there.

DLB

From my research I have found no official explanation about the red led on the radio, but I did find an answer on a John Deere tractor site. They confirmed what other users have thought that the led was flashing when the Delco radio was off to let would-be thieves know that it had security features.

In my case I believe that the radio will only work with my VIN number.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.