• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Body Control Module problem? [2001 Grand Am GT]

Yossarian

I used the search box and found this thread:

http://www.pontiacforum.com/pontiac/showthread.php?t=27245&highlight=body+control+module

The problems described in the thread are exactly what I am experiencing with my girlfriend's Grand Slam. When she stops, the interior lights come on. Also experiencing erratic behavior of the lock buttons and no horn. Also when you remove the key, it fast dings like the key is still in and you CANNOT turn off the parking lights. Sometimes they go off after some time, sometimes the battery dies.

So I read the thread and it sounded like theflatlander was experiencing identical symptoms. But the solution that was posted (this: http://www.bergerweb.net/grandamsecurityfix.htm) described a fix for a problem with the passlock system. And notably, a SECURITY light on the dash. I have never seen a SECURITY light, only a SERVICE VEHICLE SOON light. And I have never had the car start and die or not start as described.

:confused::confused:

I did take it to a local mechanic who said it looked like the Body Control Module, but that he couldn't replace it because it had to be programmed to match the VIN. He has never done this repair.

Has anyone here actually done this repair or experienced these symptoms? From the sounds of it, I think this is something to dealer would charge like $1000 for, and the car is worth like $1800 so I'm not about to spend that. If I can't fix it, the car is getting crushed into a little cube!

Thanks,

Zach

TL;DR - Lights coming on/staying on, locks erratic. BCM? Has anyone ever actually replaced a body control module? How you do?

Rodney269

I have 04 grand am 3.4 had water leak issue coming in the cowl on the passenger side dripping on the body control module had to unplug it clean the contact s and connector had gren corrosion on it plugged it back in solved the problem