• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Bought a key FOB for my 2003 Aztek - Programming

EliteSofaYT

Hello! I recently received a Key FOB for my Aztek and I've tried to program it, following a guide telling me to mess with the key while also holding down the driver's side lock button. I'm curious if anyone can provide concise instructions or knowledge as to whether or not my Aztek supports keyless entry. Thanks for your help.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Did you buy this key FOB to replace a lost one?
If not did you confirm with a GM dealer based upon the VIN whether your car is equipped for keyless entry?
A vehicle that was not equipped with keyless entry will not have that capability by just buying a key fob and attempting to program it.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You will then need a dealer to confirm whether you have that option or whether the dealer can update you Body Control Module, BCM, to activate the feature.