Bought Something Stupid While Stuck at home

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
I paid to much $$$ for it, but as it is the same colors as my car I could not pass it up. A huge 2 sided Dealer banner for the 2006 Solstice, it is 13 feet long and 4 feet tall! One side just shows the car, the other side adds Specifications including "actual Size" The banner is actually taller than my car! The Pictures posted were taken in the sellers garage, that in a 2016 Corvette under the car cover to give some scale to the pictures. It was only 20 minutes away from me so it was easy to pick up.
2006 Solstice banner.jpg 2006 Solstice banner Specs.jpg

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Really nice but what are you going to do with it? Seems like you would need a totally empty garage wall to mount it.
BG Goodrich had a large poster years ago , not as large as yours, of a LeMans Blue 1969 Corvette with the FIA headlights , Minilite wheels, and Hooker side exhaust. Would love to come across one that was a reasonable price.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Thats why I called it stupid! (well besides what I paid for it!) It will actually fit on one of 2 walls in my garage, but will take some rearranging to do so. I think I will make a PVC pipe frame to suspend it in, than I can reverse it at my whim, or possibly then take it down to display at a show with the car maybe. Just kinda thinking it over. But I figured when would I get another chance to buy one?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Excellent, if your were just going to fold it up and put away that would be different. Being able to display it makes it a justifiable.