Braking solution for '65 Bonneville

AfterDark3

Wisconsin
Once again, another post about my pride and joy, The ' 65 Bonneville.

After many months of toil I finally have my '65 Bonneville streetable after its 30-year sleep, however, I am most unimpressed by the braking reliability. I am looking to upgrade to a dual master system, however most every supplier, Rockauto, Summit, Jegs, OPGI, even Amazon doesn't seem to offer one specifically for the Bonneville, however, by cross-referencing part numbers, I have noticed that single masters between the 65 Bonneville and numerous other GM vehicles are the same, I am wondering if I order one made for a GTO, or an Impala, for example, will it properly fit. I assume it should, because the mounting system should be the same between the singles, so it should be the same with the dual, but I'd like to get a second opinion.

Thanks
Luukas

Last edited:

mobileparts

1965 Bonneville Brake System

Give me a call -- and I will give you your options, based on what you want to do ...... Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935..... West Hempstead, New York....:):

POSI

I installed a Scarebird front disc on my '65 Catalina Safari and so far I'm happy with the functionality. It requires a 15" wheel conversion and a conglomeration of parts to make it work.

GM made millions of dollars having parts interchange between the different makes of vehicles large B bodies . , Catalina's , bonnevilles , 88-98s , Impalas , Electras ....all the same frame running gear type stuff different sheet metal body I have a 69 B body employing dual-line breaks disc front brakes dual line master cylinder w/vacuum assist & has a standard 5 on 5 bolt pattern and could be fitted to your vehicle without too much effort has the 65 to 70 B bodies are all very similar running gear

67 was year government mandated dual-line brakes but very few disc brakes. came on cars in 67 and just as well as they weren't that good of design & the parts are hard to find