• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Braking solution for '65 Bonneville

AfterDark3

Wisconsin
Once again, another post about my pride and joy, The ' 65 Bonneville.

After many months of toil I finally have my '65 Bonneville streetable after its 30-year sleep, however, I am most unimpressed by the braking reliability. I am looking to upgrade to a dual master system, however most every supplier, Rockauto, Summit, Jegs, OPGI, even Amazon doesn't seem to offer one specifically for the Bonneville, however, by cross-referencing part numbers, I have noticed that single masters between the 65 Bonneville and numerous other GM vehicles are the same, I am wondering if I order one made for a GTO, or an Impala, for example, will it properly fit. I assume it should, because the mounting system should be the same between the singles, so it should be the same with the dual, but I'd like to get a second opinion.

Thanks
Luukas

Last edited:

mobileparts

1965 Bonneville Brake System

Give me a call -- and I will give you your options, based on what you want to do ...... Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935..... West Hempstead, New York....:):