• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Bumper Boyz

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Not good...

Doug in P.R. šŸ˜Ž

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Received this email awhile back but have not used them personally. If you do please let us know how it goes.

Custom Chrome Services has opened a chrome restoration shop in North Providence, RI this year that is specifically designed to restore bumpers.
It should be noted that there are no restoration shops in New England that have plating tanks large enough to chrome plate a bumper. As a result, a shipping cost in the $300 range is incurred to send a set of bumpers to a chrome plater outside the New England area.
Do you believe that the availability of this local service would be of interest to club members?
Are you aware of a club member that needs a bumper re-chromed? This would allow us to demonstrate the quality of the service that can be provided.
Feel free to contact me on my cell (508-789-7545), if you have questions regarding our service.

Don
Custom Chrome Services
50 Waterman Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
As a note , I worked at a chrome plating shop in Syracuse, NY and the best shops plate with copper then nickel then chrome. Most just plate nickel then chrome. Something to consider...

The process starts with hammering dents and straightening, then grinding, then polishing, then cleaning , then copper, then nickel, then chrome. Rinses are in between each step.

Doug in P.R. šŸ˜Ž