Car won’t go in gear

mommyarchi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i drive a 2005 Pontiac g6 gt. It starts fine but when I press on the brake to put the car in gear, there is a crunching sound (kinda like the traction control sound) and my car will not go into drive. The brake will also make a popping sound. So far, after a while, it has gone into drive after I keep trying and trying. I have an appointment on Monday to take it to a dealership and it will cost anywhere from 88 to $130 to put it on the computer for a diagnosis. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i drive a 2005 Pontiac g6 gt. It starts fine but when I press on the brake to put the car in gear, there is a crunching sound (kinda like the traction control sound) and my car will not go into drive. The brake will also make a popping sound. So far, after a while, it has gone into drive after I keep trying and trying. I have an appointment on Monday to take it to a dealership and it will cost anywhere from 88 to $130 to put it on the computer for a diagnosis. Can anyone help me?
Does it go in reverse?
Do you know if the parking brake works?

92 Sunbird LE

Reaction score
My sister had a similar problem when she had her G6, was a bad caliper locking up...

Don't know if yours is same situation.. .

Doug in P.R. 😎

mommyarchi

Reaction score
Thank you Doug! I’ll check it out!