Code p1174

sc123

Hi I scanned my 2006 Pontiac g5 pursuit manual transmission, 2.4 L engine and I got the code p1174, (Fuel Trim Balance) I’m thinking it is possibly the fuel injectors because I did have some hesitation (almost a stutter) so I’m thinking something is clogged up. So I have my gas tank put 2 full cans of sea foam and it does seem to be better. Any other idea what the code could be though? If the problem persists I will probably change the fuel injectors. But I’m wondering if it could be something else?

Attachments

sc123

So I’ve gotten the following codes so far: Cylinder 1 misfire code: P0301 I’ve replaced coil 1 which I don’t know why it’s popped up again unless mechanic forgot to delete code, and also have the code P0446 which is the EVAP code possibly my gas cap? It’s come on when I fill up so I’m thinking it’s that or is it related to this code: P1174, which is the fuel trim cylinder balance ? Like I mentioned above I believe it is my fuel injectors because of the slight hesitation because the sea foam worked, but it also has a rough idle where it sounds like a sputtering but I have no change in fuel economy, and I also don’t have the rpms acting wonky just sounds slightly rough while idling. I’m so confused what this could be? Could possibly even be a EVAP leak?

sc123

what’s super confusing to me though is I fixed the cylinder one replaced the coil. The code would’ve went away if that was the problem, correct? So it must be something else?

G

G-543629

I’m not sure my mechanic did it, but I imagine it was AC-Delco. I’m thinking it’s my fuel injectors? Because he also replaced my fuel filter and said it was really bad. I don’t know 😩

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If a mechanic is doing the work and not correcting the problem why didnt you go back and let them know?

sc123

Because he just changed the #1 coil, I thought the problem was fixed because he said he deleted the code... which I scanned it again and the code is still there. He’s kind of a “backyard” mechanic so I’m fixing the problem myself.