• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Pontiac owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Compatability??

B

black_lce

I just joined here real quick to see if you guys might be able to help me, i just got a 92 grand prix that is hammered, and has a bad tranny..but the motor runs like its brand new, i hate to just send it to the junk yard with such a great running motor, so i was wondering what other GM models the motor would be a direct drop in, nothing against grand prix and i know they will obviously work with another one, but i cant find a good grand prix body at the moment so im just wondering if there is any other cars i might look into and im looking for direct replacement no switching ecu or anything like that

thanks in advance for any help...hope this makes sense

jeremy

Reaction score
what engine was it?? the 3.1 or the 3.4??? The 3.4 is specific to w-bodies (cutlass supreme, grand prix, lumina), the 3.1 can be found in almost any GM from that era LOL!!