Couple of Questions

Zip

First, I'm having trouble getting replacements for the outside rubber window "sweeps" on all four windows of my 1991 Sunbird LE Convertible. None of the parts places seem to carry this particular model's - is it because someone besides GM did the Convertible modification for them? Second, my water temperature gauge isn't working - should I start with the temp sending unit or the gauge itself to troubleshoot? Much THANKS in advance from the newbie.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Somebody else may have an a answer on the rubber.
On the temperature issue remove the wire connected to the sensor and ground it. Turn the key to run if the gauge reads hot you have a sensor problem.if not test the wire with a test light or voltmeter. No reading you have a problem in the wiring or gauge.

G

G-542667

Somebody else may have an a answer on the rubber.
On the temperature issue remove the wire connected to the sensor and ground it. Turn the key to run if the gauge reads hot you have a sensor problem.if not test the wire with a test light or voltmeter. No reading you have a problem in the wiring or gauge.
Much thanks! I will use that method to start troubleshooting.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Sweeps are hard to find, Stephan took about a year to find his, most repair theirs with new rubber, links to the supplier and repair process can found on JBody.org or Z24.org. Cavalier use the same parts if looking for used.

Doug in P.R. :cool:

Zip

I did a Mad Max fix and just installed screen door weather stripping. Not exactly concourse quality......

Attachments

• Sunbird Window Sweeps Repair.jpg
    Sunbird Window Sweeps Repair.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 2