• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Crazy question

Curious

I own MANY cars. I adore all things mechanical. I just wrecked a 1993 Sunbird LE with the 3.1L v. I should be dead, as I flipped it nose down off of an embankment onto the roof with the car landing on me. I walked away unscathed.
I purchased the car 3-4 years ago. It was special ordered in 1992 with literally everything Pontiac offered including a special leatherette interior, heated rear glass, etc. Turquoise in color with white interior, white top, special alloy wheels that are white.
I had full coverage insurance. I try to kssp all my cars very nice.
I can post the VIN number, pictures. I have no idea the true value because of its rareity.
I know there is a realistic number, yet, due to it not killing me, would actually like to restore it.
Collective thoughts?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Glad to hear you walked away unhurt. In excellent condition the car would be worth maybe $3,000. You have to determine the cost of repair and whether it is worth the investment and if the parts can be found. Good luck.

Curious

Wonderful! I am a collector of anything automotive. I bought this car over 3 years ago for 1000.00. I've done all I know I can to it, to put it into top condition. Although not that valuable to some, I probably have 4k in it. Struts, shocks, interior work, mounts, exhaust.....
With that said, I doubt it should be repaired, yet I know it's value isn't reflected properly in any book. I most likely have over 4k in it.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Unfortunately you never get back all of what you sink into it when you try to sell or appraise.

Curious

Doug, I like your suggestion! Its a great little car, always enjoyable. Not worth much, so I don't mind loaning it to any insured driver. I may can get the insurance to cover the damage. How can I put the word out for a 93 Sunbird convertible parts car?

Insurance is probably going to want to total it, mainly because they can make some money off of the parts. However, you can accept a lower amount and keep the car.