Cruise control not working

Blackshirf93

Nebraska
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but about 10 months ago I bought a 2005 Aztek. And with in the last month my cruise went out. So today I took it in to a GM dealer and they said they couldn't find the problem and needed more time. At first I though it was going to be a fuse/switch of some kind but they said it might be something different. I'm a college student and I'm trying to keep it at a low cost. So next week I'm going to take it back to them next week so they can go through it even more. What do you all think it could be??? Is it something that I could fix my self or is it just something a deal/shop can do.

Please let me know I would love to hear from you all.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you cannt guess as to what the problem is since there are too many possibilities. Did they charge you for those 2 1/2 hours?

Blackshirf93

Nebraska
No they didn't. They said they had to get an other tool or something. I know a service guy so he didn't charge me. But I have been having ignition problems. Sometime the key wants to turn off while running. So maybe that could be something. But like you said it could be a lot of things.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
That is really weird that a dealer would spend that amount of time and not charge you. I hope you know him well enough to trust him that they actually checked the vehicle.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.