Diameter of Pivot Studs of Center link of a 65 Le Mans von.

Hi there,
I hab to replace the Center link of my 65 Le Mans witch a 326 Engine.
I ordered the new one at amesperf. There was only one to order. The one, that was delivered does not fit, cause the pivot studs are smaller(base diameter of about 0.550 +/-) than the old one (base diameter about 0.650 +/-).
What ist the correct original diameter?

Best wishes
Thilo from Germany

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
unless someone has a 64 to 65 center link unused nobody is going to have that size measurement to give you.
did you ask them to measure another one they have in stock to confirm they sent you the correct part?
did they have another explanation as to why it doesnt fit?
do you have any service records for the car that would indicate somebody made a modfication.

There is the answer from ames:

I have checked my stock and you are correct. All the ones I have appear to have a base diameter on the pivot studs of approximately .550 +/-. These are the same measurements as the original I just looked at and what would accept all factory components I.E.; idler arm and pitman arms for replacements. I don’t see any reason for concern.

I have no hints that someone changed the steering components in former times

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
In the measurements you only mention the base diameter. Are the main diameters of the studs too small to properly fit the idler arm and pitman arm?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.