Disabling the car alarm

Jcornaglia

Is there a way to disable the car alarm? I have a 1998 Montana and the car alarm goes off every 30 minutes or so. I have pulled the horn relay so the car horn does not go off but would prefer to fix the cause or disable the alarm. I have had rain somehow entering the "roof" area of the car and not from the windshield. The rain is coming through the headliner so there is possibility that rain / water has shorted or damaged something above or in the dash that is causing the alarm to go off every 30 minutes or so. Any help greatly appreciated. She is 20 years old still running. I hope to keep her going a few more years. Thanks

Jcornaglia

When you mentioned I should use compressed air to clean the drains. Are you referring to the vents/drains by the hood between the windshield and hood? The water leaking into my van is coming from the top. Where are the drains up top on the van?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you dont have a sun/moon roof?
if you dont, do you have anything screwed onto the roof, a rack for example? If you do that would be the next possible entry point for water.

Jcornaglia

You are correct, I have no moon roof or sun roof. However, I do have a roof rack. I will try to unbolt the roof rack and then place some clear silicone or rtv under the connecting point. Hopefully that solves my leak.

gregd

Picked up My 1998 Oldsmobile version of the Montana in 1997. I like that some people are getting there money's worth out of this model van.
The last few years every time a Harley Davidson drives by it will blow it's horn 6 times when the van is locked. I have considered just leaving it unlocked. Will have to look into the alarm disable. Thanks for the info.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.