Does my Pontiac G5 come with a Throttle Position Sensor?

puzzleddd

My check engine light came on, I took it to Auto Zone to get the OEM Code - it came back "P0121" Throttle Position Sensor - but they told me my car, a 07 Pontiac G5 does not come with that part. Any idea what it may be?

Jesus is on Yahoo

lol i wouldn't trust the auto zone people for parts information. Most of their mechanical knowledge comes from a computer. You can do the same thing on their website. i'm pretty sure that your G5 comes with a TPS sensor unless GM has made some radical changes lol. If your obd2 code reader came back with a TPS sensor error than yes you have one. The people at AZ may have meant they don't carry it.

planenut_2000

Your car has a electroniclly controlled throttle. Take it to a dealer for this. There were some problems with the early throttle actuators.

G

G-535959

How do you fix this problem and does the engine make a sputtering sound? And is it ok to drive with the sputtering sound.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
How do you fix this problem and does the engine make a sputtering sound? And is it ok to drive with the sputtering sound.
Did you notice the post is from 10 years ago.
Do you have a check engine light on and if so have you had the code scanned?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
The thread is ten years old.
The person you responded to was a guest so he will not be aware of your response.
There was so little information given there is no way of knowing whether it is even the same issue that was listed ten years ago.