Does The Pontiac G8 "GT" have a governor's limit on the speedometer?

nameer

Does The Pontiac G8 "GT" have a governor's limit on the speedometer??, most if not all american cars sold have a governor's speed limit on them thats a certain speed limit like 105 MPH which you can't go past even if your speedomoter can go to 120 mph for Example..so if you happen to own a Pontiac G8 GT and have tried to max out the speedometer..could you go all the way to 180 MPH "MAX SPEED DISPLAYED ON SPEEDOMETER"..if you can include a link to proven your answers and strengthen your response please provide it...thanks very much in advance!!

blown gt

conn
i think just about everything on the road does,rev and speed limitors,my truck i drive for napa has one in it,my grand prixs did till i installed cust. tuned pcms in them,speed and rev. limitors removed,shift points changed and so on,research and read...

Pontiac G8 fan

Nameer: The governor speed limit is for the safety of people as G8 is a full size sedan which can catch high speeds......its just a software programmed in the car you can get it removed from any local garage at your area....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.