Door lock switches, mirrors and int light not working, need some help.

Paulie1971

Henry, Ill.
Hello, Im wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem. I have read thru all the g6 forums and didn't find anything remotely close, and nothing on internet to help resolve the problem.
I just bought a 2009 g6 gt coupe and the problems are these;
both door switches do not lock or unlock and the mirror adjustment switch don't function either but windows work fine from both sides. Original fob does NOT work either (new batt, cleaned contacts and re soldered, no go.) When I open drivers door int light does NOT go on but it does when I open pass door. Locks function automatically when put in drive or park (lock/unlock) but dont always unlock when i put in park, i have to push into park hard then they unlock.
I've been working on cars since I was 17 (47 now) so im very mechanically inclined and im positive I went thru all the fuses and all looked good unless its a relay im not seeing (dont have owners man). I pulled out door lock switch (3 wires,blk,grey,wht) to check for power. White wire to ground actuates and locks the doors (doesn't light test light tho) but when white is jumped to blk or grey, nothing. When power is supplied to black or grey test light lights but dont actuate locks (nothing from wht). I pulled up door sill carpet and checked wiring and under under dash by kick panel but still see nothing out of the norm. The only thing I have not done is cut into door jam rubber boot. Door sensor? Hidden broken wire somewhere? bad ground? Or because fob not working? im lost!
ANY direction would be GREATLY appreciated, Thank You, Paul.

Paulie1971

Henry, Ill.
Thank you melsg5 for the reply n the info. Have some new info; if drivers door lock switch is unplugged, the passenger door lock switch works (for both doors) but if drivers side is plugged in pass side switch don't work at all. It was very late so didn't have a chance to swap them around. Still no mirror power or dome light when drivers door is opened. I will be getting into it later and post my findings. Thanks again, Paul.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.