dtc 42

harley42

WA
I have the shop manual. DTC code 42 , est - electronic spark timing error.
Following the flow chart leads to the ign. module, or ecm, the computer. I have replaced both. It has quit running after warm up as a 1/2 mile. I tested the injectors for ohm and replaced one that read 5 ohms.It starts and run very rough. The last four times it quit it wouldn't restart. Fuel pressure is 42, the correct reading. I have spark using a tester on one plug. The next step is hooking up my Hantek scope and tablet.

harley42

WA
I have the shop manual. DTC code 42 , est - electronic spark timing error.
Following the flow chart leads to the ign. module, or ecm, the computer. I have replaced both. It has quit running after warm up as a 1/2 mile. I tested the injectors for ohm and replaced one that read 5 ohms.It starts and run very rough. The last four times it quit it wouldn't restart. Fuel pressure is 42, the correct reading. I have spark using a tester on one plug. The next step is hooking up my Hantek scope and tablet.
update on 2'8 6000 mpi. It starts and will break up at 400rpm. Both bank plugs are black, super rich condition. I replaced the injectors, the pressure regulator, the timing chain and gears. Cyl pressure is 110, on #6, i assume the rest are similar. Only code is 42. The plugs are new 4 iridium and 2 older delco. Cat and complete exhaust replaced.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Why would you assume what the compression is on the other cylinders when 110 is so low a reading?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.