Dual-line fuel sender for '72 Ventura? Help!

Techie1

Reaction score
Hello fellow Ventura owners. I have Granny and Gramps' '72 Ventura. It has not run in some years (around 20) and the fuel tank was badly varnished.

I was able to get a replacement fuel tank, so that is covered. However, when I disassembled the old tank, the fuel sender is badly varnished and crudded up.

Would anyone know a source or part number for the DUAL LINE fuel sender? The Nova senders I see on the usual sources are all single line. I guess the '72 (originally sold in rural Illinois) must have come with the evaporative emissions controls. I'm hoping one day to restore this car to its former glory. I am moving and need to get this car rolling again ASAP.

Anyone out there know where I can find this sender. Thanks, and thanks for accepting a newbie to the "club."

Attachments

• IMG_1135.JPG
    IMG_1135.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 4

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
The sock at the end is available.
Have you tried cleaning the rest of it by brushing mineral spirits on it to dissolve the buildup?

G

G-41739

Thanks to you 92 Sunbird - I found that same unit from A1, and it is Camero-Firebird, in stainless steel. Got a new tank from Jegs. Now I'm trying to source the fuel lines, as i have a blockage (took the line completely out, verified with both compressed air AND by filling it with mineral spirits). Fuel lines are completely blocked. Not sure where to go with it, but am trying to source new fuel lines. Wondering if Nova SS (passenger side routing) would work? Anyone have any ideas?