Electric issue

aerosmith

Hello,
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on what could be the problem, i have a 2006 Montana parked in my driveway for about a year, i need to fix the cooling lines, before i can start to drive it again. it was working fine until recently.

the van starts, i can drive it tried to reposition it in the driveway :), there is no instrument panel power, zero gauges work., radio does not work, no internal lights work,
the blinker works, and i will have to check the high beams

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Have you checked for blown fuses?
Have you checked for damaged wires under the hood from rodents?

G

G-247661

The fuses as far as I tested with a multi seem good I don’t see any damaged wires to the eye, I think this happens when my battery died and unused a trickle charger to recharge. I’m reading that at times unhooking the battery works should I even bother

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If no fuses are blown in any of the fuse boxes you will have to find a wiring diagram.

aerosmith

i checked majority of the fuses with a multi meter, and all seem to have good continuity, i dont see any broken or raw wires. I have read somewhere, that disconnecting the battery might solve this? havent tried it seems odd. I usually keep this van charged with a trickle charger and start it every week until i can fix cooler lines. everything was working great until the battery died, kid unplugged it by accident. so i let it charge again and it runs, lights and high beams run, the header/ac seem to work the fans work. Instrument Panel does not work. internal lights dont work.radio does not work