Engine Replacement

Cecily

TX
Hello Everyone,

I have engine damage from a misfiring cylinder. I was told that I will need a new engine soon, my question is how do I go about getting a new engine? I have a 2008 G6 4 cylinder.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
first I would get a second opinion.
second, why would you be the one trying to find the engine, the shop doing the work should be doing that.
you do realize it would be a junk yard or rebuilt engine, not a new engine.

Cecily

TX
first I would get a second opinion.
second, why would you be the one trying to find the engine, the shop doing the work should be doing that.
you do realize it would be a junk yard or rebuilt engine, not a new engine.
Hey,
I did get a 2nd opinion and it was confirmed that I needed another engine. I am looking for the engine because that mechanic seemed to be more concerned about selling me a car rather then trying to help me get my car fixed. Yes, as far as going to a junk yard and getting a another engine. How would I know if it's a good engine?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the junk yard would have to be willing to give you at least a 30 day guarantee. In addition you should look online for a rebuilt engine with a warranty. You should also be dealing with a shop that has ASE mechanics.

Cecily

TX
the junk yard would have to be willing to give you at least a 30 day guarantee. In addition you should look online for a rebuilt engine with a warranty. You should also be dealing with a shop that has ASE mechanics.
Ok. Thank you very much for your input.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.