Engine Replacement

Cecily

TX
Hello Everyone,

I have engine damage from a misfiring cylinder. I was told that I will need a new engine soon, my question is how do I go about getting a new engine? I have a 2008 G6 4 cylinder.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
first I would get a second opinion.
second, why would you be the one trying to find the engine, the shop doing the work should be doing that.
you do realize it would be a junk yard or rebuilt engine, not a new engine.

Cecily

TX
first I would get a second opinion.
second, why would you be the one trying to find the engine, the shop doing the work should be doing that.
you do realize it would be a junk yard or rebuilt engine, not a new engine.
Hey,
I did get a 2nd opinion and it was confirmed that I needed another engine. I am looking for the engine because that mechanic seemed to be more concerned about selling me a car rather then trying to help me get my car fixed. Yes, as far as going to a junk yard and getting a another engine. How would I know if it's a good engine?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the junk yard would have to be willing to give you at least a 30 day guarantee. In addition you should look online for a rebuilt engine with a warranty. You should also be dealing with a shop that has ASE mechanics.

Cecily

TX
the junk yard would have to be willing to give you at least a 30 day guarantee. In addition you should look online for a rebuilt engine with a warranty. You should also be dealing with a shop that has ASE mechanics.
Ok. Thank you very much for your input.