Engine swapping the torrent

Well guys, here’s my dilema. Although this is extremely ridiculous, I have grown so attached to my Torrent(it was my first car and I’ve had it going on 7 years) I don’t want to sell it but I want to possibly engine swap it. It currently has the 3.4L V6 with awd. I don’t know what engine to put into it but I want to make it something completely ridiculous.(possibly making it into a diesel, at least putting a V8 engine in it)
Hmu with ideas cause the market for this kind of stuff is pretty niche. Thanks(don’t laugh too hard lol)

92 Sunbird LE

You may want to read this:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t903369-engine_swap_2005_equinox_lt_3_4_with_2008_impala_3_9__will_it_work_.html.

Not much you can do to the 3.4 anyways, most do the usual and get no results. If your not worried about emissions, any GM V8 Fwd ( Cadillac 4.9 or North star or Olds Aurora) might work if you can build the tranny to survive. The other alternative is to put the body on a RWD truck frame (S10 -kits online to lengthen or shrink the wheelbase) easier swap in my opinion.

Doug in P.R.:)

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.