• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

exhaust manifold

my62cat

i don't understand the chart. it shows a few different casting numbers for 62, my car originally came with single exhaust ,so I should be able to use a dual exhaust setup and it would bolt up?

I have a 1964 Catalina with a 389, and a 1972 Lemans with a 400. They both had single exhaust when I bought them. I went to a local muffler shop and had them change both to dual exhaust. The manifolds are the same for either dual or single exhaust, and didn't have to be changed. The tail pipe and mufflers after the manifold have to be changed.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
i don't understand the chart. it shows a few different casting numbers for 62, my car originally came with single exhaust ,so I should be able to use a dual exhaust setup and it would bolt up?
Unless you have a Super Duty, it shows only one number for left and right for a 389.

my62cat

This is what I'm working on and I'm sure I will have more questions as the project goes onIMG_1617.JPG