Please consider whitelisting my site in your ad blocker. If you must keep it running here, please support this endeavor and select a support plan - which starts at only $0.16 cents per day. I'm not asking for much. I just need a little help. Thank you.Click here to select a support plan.
From the 1971 factory manual
1. Remove rocker molding to fender attachments.
2. Remove valance panel attachments to fender.
3. Remove fender to support and baffle assembly attaching screws.
4. Remove hood hinge to fender attaching screws and block up hood.
5. Remove fender to inner skirt attachment screws at wheelhouse.
6. Disconnect fender from cowl at door opening and from rocker panel area.
7. Remove fender.