Front End Wobbling

ccooper01

Nova Scotia
I have a 2007 Montana SV6 with 98,000 km. Front end was noisy and loose so I took it to the local garage and they replaced both hub assemblies and sway bar links. Noise is gone but I there is a strange wobble in the front end. the vehicle strays all over the road and sometimes it feels as if each wheel has a mind of its own. Mechanic says everything is fine in the front end but I beg to differ. any ideas?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
1. Did the mechanic take the time to drive the vehicle?
2. Try swapping the front tires to the rear and see if it makes a difference?
3. How many miles since you had a front wheel alignment?

ccooper01

Nova Scotia
good suggestions but it doesn't seem like those are the issues. Really feels like something is moving in the front end.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you didnt answer the questions or thoroughly understand the suggestions.
1. did the mechanic drive the vehicle and you were able to point out the issue?
2. a tire with a separated internal thread will cause an issue, thus moving the front tires to the rear determines whether the tires are the issue
3. Did the mechanic check for loose tie rod ends, worn bushings, worn ball joints, etc.?
4. If the front end alignment/toe is off the car will wander all over the road.
5. If you didnt have the wobble before the work was done did you check whether the wheels were mounted back onto the hubs correctly and none of the nuts are loose?
6. Is your mechanic ASE certified?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.