• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Grand prix gt 3800 e brake

Devin v

I want to remove the lock on my e brake for the winter cause when I push the foot brake you have to press it again to unlock it and I want it to move freely without have to release it but I have no idea how to do this and I want to get some idea of what I'm doing before I start messing with it

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Have never come across anybody trying to do this. If you are concerned about your parking brake cables make sure you lubricate the cables with a product similar to the link below.

Devin v

Have never come across anybody trying to do this. If you are concerned about your parking brake cables make sure you lubricate the cables with a product similar to the link below.
Theres nothing stuck but I just want to be able to push on the e brake and have it come right back up without locking in place