Gxp torrent strut shock

TorrentGXP

Reaction score
Our 2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP that we purchased new is now going to become my backup car instead of my 02 Sierra Sport truck. We have taken very good care of it and have right at 200,000 miles

Worst things that we've got going as a little bit of rust, some corrosion on the polished Wheels, and struts that needed to be replaced 80,000 miles ago

I'm back looking at replacing the suspension. And I cannot find any struts that work with the fe3 suspension that this vehicle has. They all say without sport suspension. I will not do a quick strut.

What is someone to do with a GXP that needs shocks and struts all the way around? GM doesn't make them anymore, all the aftermarket Brands exclude them.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is no solution, you either try what's available for non FE3 , do nothing, or sell the vehicle.

TorrentGXP

Reaction score
There is no solution, you either try what's available for non FE3 , do nothing, or sell the vehicle.
Getting rid of the vehicle is not an option. Has anyone had success using non sport struts with Springs from sport

Cavell

Reaction score
Find used struts with fewer miles.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
I see lots of them. What are you inputting, 2008 Torrent, shock absorber(strut)

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
ACDELCO 506701 list as a left strut for the FE3 suspension. Gabriel G57322 complete assembly says for models with 19" rims. Could have been a typo and they may have meant 18" wheels. Maybe just shoot them an email and ask?