Head Gasket / Intake Gasket

JShakey

United States
Its been awhile since i posted . Back in 2017 I had a head gasket issue and was able to repair it with some Head Gasket Repair. Now it is not showing any signs like before where it would overheat and shut down , but I am not getting any heat unless driving and also I seem to be getting a lot of air in the cooling system and I am having to bleed it off all the time . I am sometimes getting a misfire code for #1 cylinder saying it could be the spark plug / plug wire / egr valve (replaced) / coil pack (replaced0 . Have looked the plug over and the wire looks okay as well. My code reader also says it the intake could be leaking. I have done the test where you spray the intake area with carb and choke cleaner but the engine speed did not change. Is there anything else i can do?
Thanks.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
does the #1 plug look very clean like it is being steam blasted? If so the cylinder may be the source of the head gasket leak.

JShakey

United States
I pulled the plug and another one to compare it to. Both plugs looked good like they were firing properly , but the plug wires were sucked to the plugs which caused a deal to pull them off. I am going to go ahead and do a full tune up , plugs and wires. I had just done the current one in Oct 2017. The only other issue this could be is the fuel injector which I forgot to mention in the first post. I have used the fuel injector cleaner several times for that issue.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.