Headlights wont turn off

Any resolution to this problem? I also have a 2007 G5 and my lights won't turn off sometimes.

Trumptone,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your G5. I would suggest that you have your local GM dealer look into this for you. They would be in the best position to assist you in getting this issue diagnosed. Please keep me posted on this and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy GM Customer Service

Trumptone

I took my car to the dealer today. The tech said that the issue was the low beam headlight relay in the fuse block. He cleaned the terminals in the fuse block which fixed it for now. He said it may resurface, and if it does, the fuse block will have to be replaced. I was charged labor for 30 minutes.

brandont96

let me guess they charged u 100$ for a little scrubbing?
dont take the car to gm to replace the fuse block if this happens again i suggest u order the parts and replace it yourself

and for a 2007 arent you still under warranty they should not be charging you?

brandont96

Don't expect any real help from the Customer Service rep here... All they did was check for recall info after getting my VIN number... Something I had already checked out long before beginning this thread. What a waste of time

Now my problem has gotten worse, I can't turn my headlights on now. I get to choose between no headlights, or using my brights. Not sure if the problem is related, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I check the fuses, they are good. The bulbs are good as the lights come on for several seconds when I use the remote to unlock the doors, but the low beams will not come on at all either with the auto-sensing or by manually turning them on. This car is a pile of shit. Never buying GM again.
i dont go for GM veichles over the year 2004 the newer cars of gm are very poorly made

if you take time to look around i guarantee you will notice more gm cars over the year 2004 with blown motors or junked because of major issues while under 2004 you will see thousands driving perfectly fine

Trumptone

let me guess they charged u 100$ for a little scrubbing?
dont take the car to gm to replace the fuse block if this happens again i suggest u order the parts and replace it yourself

and for a 2007 arent you still under warranty they should not be charging you?
Do you know the part #? Is it 25825001?

Last edited:

Trumptone

Long over-due update:

I replaced the FUSE & RELAY BOX, part #25825001 and everything has been working fine since. I replaced it myself, it was easy enough.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
thanks for the update

BadHabit

I have a 2007 G5 with the automatic headlights. It use to be that my headlights on occasion would not go off automatically, if I didn't notice it, the battery would drain. If I did notice it, I could use the headlight switch to turn them off by disabling the automatic headlights.

Now, the problem has gotten worse, the headlights will stay on, and I cannot turn them off even by turning off the automatic headlights feature. The only way I can get them to turn off is by pulling the 2 low beam fuses from the engine compartment fuse box.

I have done some research on this, and it appears that it is a commom problem with this car. I read some people suggest that the problem is the headlight switch, and others say that it is a faulty fuse box (PDC) that needs to be replaced.

Looking for some recommendations on other things that it may be if you don't agree with what I have found, and also some tests that I can perform to correctly identify the failed part.

Thank you!
I have a 2003 Bonneville that the headlights refused to turn off just as you stated. They would turn off by themselves after about 10-12 minutes, but not within a couple of minutes depending on where I set the delay switch as they should have. Also, I lost the ability to turn the headlights off manually using the headlight delay switch. The tone that lets me know the headlights are on would continue sounding after I had pulled the key from the ignition. I spent a couple weeks unhooking the battery everywhere I went for fear that the battery would drain out on me. Flash back a couple weeks prior to the problem with the headlights acting up, and you'd have found me ordering a set of Moog wheel bearing/hub assemblies to replace one that had started grinding. Three weeks after replacing both hubs the ABS and TRAC lights start appearing, and I start getting wheel speed sensor codes through OBD from both front wheels. Long story short, I replaced the wheel bearing/hub assemblies again (this time using ACDelco) and reset the codes in the OBD and voila', suddenly my headlight issues have disappeared. I don't know why this fixed the problem but I'm happy for it. I was just getting ready to bite the bullet and go to a dealer garage when it sorted itself out. Anyway, hope this helps someone else keep some of the hair I lost trying to figure out why my damn headlights wouldn't turn off. I don't know if the ACDelco brand will be any better or not, but if I don't come back at a later date to make a post calling them out you can assume that the speed sensors continued working correctly.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.