• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP!!! 77' Ventura coupe landau

1alexsoda1

The Link provides more information about the car.
I need help finding out what A... 780 Means On the body by Fisher plate means ,I've decoded the vin and checked all the options and know pretty much everything except that A...780.
I know it's kinda rare with only 100 left driving and it's an original console car with sport steering wheel and buckets but with a 4 cylinder 151 cid 2.5l .. currently has a swapped 230 and had a 305 ... Help !!!! As I can't find front end parts for it at all ... it's not the 76 it's a 77
Vin : 2Y27V7W126083
More info here: Vinwiki

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
He is referring to the third line on the trim tag, The area where the RPO codes are listed has a letter "A" followed by three "." . The 780 is actually 0780 and is in the area where the interior color code is listed.

1alexsoda1

More pictures of the car would help, maybe it's a " export" code.

How did the car get there?

Doug in P.R. 😎
Well the car was purchased in California back in 1982 and exported to "Beirut" by my grandfather...
Here is a picture of the buckets .. more picture will come soon ones the car is fully driving and picture worthy (I want It to be pristine)
The color fo the buckets and the rest that Is in white should be very white but the interior was restored almost 20 years ago when the car had a full restoration. (still has everything original except paint and leather) original sheet metal/parts , rims with matching spare, Jack and the tails and the trim

The buckets found in this car are the same ones from the lemans from factory

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Last edited:

1alexsoda1

He is referring to the third line on the trim tag, The area where the RPO codes are listed has a letter "A" followed by three "." . The 780 is actually 0780 and is in the area where the interior color code is listed.
Thanks for finally letting me know as I was surprised no one was able to figure it out as for some reason all the tags I'm seeing doesn't have the A...

There's an 11T code next to the pai t code *29* that is for the landau top
Bit when looking at the spec sheet for colours from 1977 , i can't seem to find 0780 ?🤔 am I a Noob ?

Attachments

Last edited:

1alexsoda1

Here's pictures form the original Canadian brochure
Mine looks like the one from the cover page but in bleu and grey wheels with chrome inserts.
Fun Fact the artist that drew the car on the cover kept the old school rectangular blinker that isn't for the 1977 model year as it's integrated in the headlights Assembly. It basically shouldn't be there.

Attachments

1alexsoda1

1977 Pontiac Phoenix had square headlights and is similar to the Ventura,
and basically the same car.

Doug in P.R.:cool:
Ya I know just answered to the thread regarding the guy that purchased one off his friend.

P.s about 4k Phoenix's where made and less then 1000 Ventura's where built..its basically the same car but they where to different models in Pontiac's lineup.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
In post #7 in this thread you refer to a Canadian brochure. Was this car originally sold in Canada? If so that may impact the accuracy of the color charts we have been looking at since they are for US sold vehicles.

1alexsoda1

In post #7 in this thread you refer to a Canadian brochure. Was this car originally sold in Canada? If so that may impact the accuracy of the color charts we have been looking at since they are for US sold vehicles.
No the car was built in a us plant (Willow Run) not a Canadian plant.
But the only brochure I was able to find was the Canadian one.