• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help identify this pontiac engine

landry1965

Could anyone help identify this engine based on the picture. I have not seen a Pontiac motor with a heater hose port on the front of the motor. The motor is currently in a 67 GTO> Thankyou gto engine..PNG

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
between my tired old eyes and the size of the picture I do not see a heater hose on the front of the motor.
when you say motor do you mean the intake manifold or the water pump?
can you provide the engine code located on the front right of the engine?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Thanks Doug. That just confirms to ID the "engine", we need the engine code.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Doug is correct, some one had added a heater hose to the port that normally has the coolant temp sensor, or the thermostatic vacuum T installed on it. Mu guess is when the heads were rebuilt the shop installed plugs in all 4 of the spots that the heater hose nipple is usually installed in 1 of the 4. Still no help with the exact engine ID with out more and better pictures, along with the block & head codes.