HELP!! No one knows ...

Arsherlo

Okay (long sigh) ... I bought a torrent a year ago and it’s been a pia. I have an issue that is on/off but is serious enough that I won’t drive it far. It’s much worse when it’s warmer out. When I first start the car it’s fine. Sometimes I can drive 10 miles with no issues but only if I stay less than 50 mph. Then it will begin to shudder. It feels EXACTLY like driving on a flat tire, as if the front end is falling off the !@*# car. Only there’s nothing wrong with tires. A mechanic looked and said the bearings are recently replaced as the nuts/ bolts/ seal is all clean. The calipers seems fine, no brake dust, and the rotors have worn evenly. He said the axles look good. Another mechanic looked at it and said the same thing. It’s pretty severe. When it happens the car struggles with gathering and keeping speed, decelerates quickly. I’ve mentioned the transmission but have been told a transmission issue would be constant and not worsen as I drive but then be fine again. I have videos of this happpening but can’t post them here. The noise is audible and the vibration through the steering wheel is pretty severe when this happens. Again- as if driving on a flat. Does anyone have any ideas?

Arsherlo

I’ll ask. I’m not sure. I know the tires themselves have been given the 👍🏼.
C8B86511-F8F0-4AD7-AD69-2079056F119D.png Here is a previous discussion between the two mechanics.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Have you tried shifting into neutral when it occurs to see if anything changes?
Still not clear whether rotating tires from front to back was attempted?
Did any of the mechanics actually experience the issue during a test drive?
What year is the vehicle?
Have any of the mechanics checked for a Technical Service Bulletin ? TSB.

Baliguy

Are the front calipers freezing up? Brake hoses pinched at the mid hose bracket? It wouldn't hurt to open the bracket grip on the hose and test it out.