Horn honks everytime I open door? How do I stop this?

newtorrentowner2016

Hey there I just bought a 2007 Torrent. Everytime I use the key to get into the car the horn goes off. How do I stop this permanently? It stops when I start the car but I'm sure my neighbors are going to kill me if they hear this late at night when I leave for work. Any help in how to reprogram or turn off this function I'd appreciate.:mad:

newtorrentowner2016

With a key I'm trying to open the door but the horn keeps going off. With the transmitter/fob I am able to unlock without the horn going off. I may not always have the FOB with me so I want to stop the honking when using a regular key. Thank you for the the reply.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Did you read the section in the owners manual concerning the theft system? The vehicle came from the factory with 2 keys and 2 fobs to enable and disable the anti-theft system.

G

G-192662

curious if you ever figured this out.
I have two friends with these vehicles and each of them have bad remotes therefore they have to use the key to unlock the door.

Then they have to put the key into the ignition to make it stop.

When having an operational remote Is not possible, is there a way to disable that feature? I have read both of their manuals as well as others that have been posted.

Thanks in advance