How do I know if my GAGT was originally Ram Air?

Auxient

Nevada
I purchased an red 05 Grand Am GT coupe that had been in a wildfire (according to the previous owner), the car made it out with very minor warpage of some plastics. The front bumper, rear bumper, hood and fenders were either melted or the paint was damaged enough to be replaced with parts from a donor car. The donor car was a base model SE and was silver. I then found a red SE and put the red panels back on the car so the only evidence of any damage is the drivers side door and side skirt trim is gone. Anyways, I am curious as to if this car has the ram air intake. It does have an wide intake opening right above the radiator that is about 18" long and right above the radiator on the core support. The car feels a tad sluggish and I am wondering if having a non ram air hood on it is hindering a lot of performance.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
take your VIN to any GM dealer and they should be able to look up the RPOs, regular production options, for your car. You can also look for the label containing them either in the glove box or the trunk, perhaps under the spare tire cover. Once you have them you can google GM RPO's and look them up yourself.

Auxient

Nevada
take your VIN to any GM dealer and they should be able to look up the RPOs, regular production options, for your car. You can also look for the label containing them either in the glove box or the trunk, perhaps under the spare tire cover. Once you have them you can google GM RPO's and look them up yourself.
Forgot about GM RPOs, I will check those, thanks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.