How do you turn off seat belt alarm

chicagoblondie

Reaction score
I always wear my seat belt, but the audio alarm that goes off in my 2009 Vibe is very annoying first thing in the a.m. when I know I will put in on once I get going. How do I turn it off?

Reaction score
I always wear my seat belt, but the audio alarm that goes off in my 2009 Vibe is very annoying first thing in the a.m. when I know I will put in on once I get going. How do I turn it off?

chicagoblondie,
The chime that you are referring to is a safety feature. There is not a way to disable this. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy GM Customer Service

N_Vibe

Reaction score
Buckle it before you start the car?

Of course it is a safety feature, but even though the passenger IS BUCKLED UP, the chime still goes on and the icon is beeping.
Mine does the same too, so its either Pontiac overlooked something or something is wrong with the sensor.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
N Vibe, you have a sensor issue

VeryOldAstre

Reaction score
Of course it is a safety feature, but even though the passenger IS BUCKLED UP, the chime still goes on and the icon is beeping.
Mine does the same too, so its either Pontiac overlooked something or something is wrong with the sensor.
Same problem on my 08 Prix

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sensor in belt or wire harness connected to sensor.