HOW LONG DO PONTIAC GRAND AM's LAST?

M

mandi

I'm looking to buy my first car, and I seen a car on a site that I wanted. it's a midnight blue grand am, outside has nothing wrong with it, it looks beautiful. The mileage is 147,xxx I'm just wondering how much longer do you think it would last for me? Should I keep looking for other ones? And it has a broken windsheild, if anyone knows how much that is please help me out!!! thanks!!!

Goatman

GM/ASE service/body Tech
Janesville Wi
Depending on how it was maintained it could last a long time ...
if you can get an idea of what had been done to it lately as far as work (maintenence and stuff ) you will have a better idea what it may need in the near future 147K is a few miles and unless it has good records of what has been done to it (and it's cheep) I would keep looking ..

D

DaGuzzler

not long at all. i just had to put a new engine in mine. i was at 73,000 miles and very well maintained, spoiled to the hilt, and that engine died on me. :eek:

G

G-287382

Mine at 161999 no issues yet finger crossed I just hear something whine when you go the down the road

Andrea2951

I'm looking to buy my first car, and I seen a car on a site that I wanted. it's a midnight blue grand am, outside has nothing wrong with it, it looks beautiful. The mileage is 147,xxx I'm just wondering how much longer do you think it would last for me? Should I keep looking for other ones? And it has a broken windsheild, if anyone knows how much that is please help me out!!! thanks!!!
I have a 02 grand am SE1 3.4 and it’s at 220,000 and runs great. I got this car off of facebook marketplace for 1000 bucks and I love it. It was obviously very well taken care of and I just put a whole new suspension system and AC system in it. I’d say buy it as long as it’s been taken care of.