I have a power window problem

Jseagle

IN
My passenger side window will not go down. The motor is not bad, and the switch isn't bad. I took off the door panel and hooked up a new motor. Also hooked up a new switch on the passenger side. With both the old and new motor, still got nothing, but with the switch on the driver's side, the switch would operate both motors( new and old in the up position. So I have no way to roll down the window. Any ideas?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
are you working with a voltmeter or test light and an ohmmeter to determine if you have power and ground?
did you check for a broken wire in the rubber conduit between the door and the frame?

Jseagle

IN
I was not using a test meter. I will check for a broken wire, but I was wondering if there is a relay? Also, I don't understand why the driver's side switch will engage the motor if I pull the switch like I am trying to raise the window on the passenger side, but niether switch will engage it trying to put the window down.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.