• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Idler arm replacement 63 catalina

Rob freeman

Can I replace my idler arm without removing the front springs? I have looked all around and it seems like the only way to get a wrench into the frame to remove the inner nuts is through the front opening, which is blocked by the front strut and spring? Am I doing this wrong? All the videos I have watched have had holes on the opposite side of the frame for reaching the nuts

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Havent seen how it is set up on that vintage. Would assume there maybe a suitable tool to reach the nuts or the factory shop manual is still available and should be referred to.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
I never had to change the Idler arm on my old 63 or 65 Catalina's. On the newer cars 67-90 there are 2 holes in the outboard frame rail to access the nuts via a long extension.

Sorry if you have already looked for this option and it isn't present.

mobileparts

The application on this Idler Arm is 1963 - 1970 Pontiac Full Size -- All -- ONLY....
And the application for the CENTER LINK is ---- exactly ---- the same......
I personally don't work on cars, so I can't help you with that aspect -- but if that helps you any, then good....
( I also have them in stock --- BRAND NEW --- if you need them...)
Yours, Craig. 516 - 485 - 1935....