Injector firing when key is in on position

Marcuspurciller

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2008 G5 GT. The #2 injector constantly sprays when key is on. Initially #3 injector sprayed more than it should as well when cranking so I replaced #2 and 3. With the new injectors both 2 and 3 sprayed constantly when the key is on, but I switched them with #1 and 4 (original injectors) now the new injectors are fine and #3 is fine but #2 is still constantly spraying.

I was about to close the case as a bad computer but I don’t think that would explain why #3 constantly sprayed on a new injector but not after I swapped it.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are you testing these injectors with a noid light to determine if the ECU is actually sending a signal?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
How about stating what made you start looking at the injectors?
Do you have a check engine light on and if you do what are the codes?

Marcuspurciller

Reaction score
How about stating what made you start looking at the injectors?
Do you have a check engine light on and if you do what are the codes?
White smoke originally, found that injector 2 was constantly spraying. I have many codes, most of which are Injector circuit issues

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
White smoke in large volumes is engine coolant.
What are the code numbers?

omologato

Reaction score
I agree, white smoke is engine coolant. If your engine was running rich you would see black smoke.

Your PCM might be in a limp home mode due to a code being present which means it fires all injectors and coils all the time. It's in an open loop default run mode because it's not trusting the data from sensors to run properly in closed loop mode.

Sounds like you got a head gasket issue or coolant making in to the combustion chamber from some where.