just want steel wheel

jkw017

I have a 05 montana base 3.4 and just want a steel rim I have looked up wheels and put in my info and that I want a rim to fit 15" tires and they add all these numbers 15/6.5, 5x114.3, 71.5, +40 what does all this mean?

jkw017

I see the site you sent me to has the 115mm number does that mean that the 114.3 will not work. I found wheel of the 114.3 for 55 bucks from some where on amazon just need the rim to mount a snow tire that is to old but still good, for townfair to keep mounting, the other rim is fine but this one has a small leak on the inside, I have the alloy wheels for the rest of the all season tires

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
doesnt the amazon site tell you whether it fits your vehicle? Most of their auto parts have you check the application.

jkw017

somewhat, but i do l not trust amazon, any company that will waste natural resources the way that they do, such as putting a tube of tooth paste in a box the size of a microwave seems like a company that will sell you anything and if it is wrong just send it back so i would rather trust people that care, when i looked on amazon they kept sending me to rims that were 16" even with all the info I gave the forum, so these numbers I put in are the numbers one of the sites gave me on rims. I havent measured the rims I have now but will try soon. Would 7mm make a big difference since the lug nuts do go inside the wheel?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the 5 wheel studs have to fit in the holes of the wheel and the wheel has to properly seat on the hub, perhaps you can share the link that you are looking at to help determine if the wheel will fit your vehicle.

jkw017

steel wheel

town fair tire got me a steel wheel from one of there after market people turns out my rims are 114.3 good to know. thanks for all your inputs

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.