looking for my old 67 GTO

chingo87

Its been many years but sure would like to find my old 1967 GTO, last known to be on the east coast. Its gold with gold interior , 4 speed, 400cu, and posi rear. I was the second owner of it.. Vin# 242177Z112749. Please help me.. That car has been on my mind a long time.. contact missinglinkone@msn.com Thanks

vwalburn

Best of Luck to you! I managed to buy my 1964 GTO for the second time after it found me after being gone for 27 years. I could never have found it but, as it turns out, it never left a 6 block radius from where I sold it! The owner found my name on some paperwork that was left in the glovebox. Good Luck!

G

G-80555

Best of Luck to you! I managed to buy my 1964 GTO for the second time after it found me after being gone for 27 years. I could never have found it but, as it turns out, it never left a 6 block radius from where I sold it! The owner found my name on some paperwork that was left in the glovebox. Good Luck!
Thanks, I can hope , If I don't look I guess Ill never find it..

wmonkemeyer

I am also looking for a 1967 Pontiac GTO. Traded in 1972 or 1973 to Prescott Brothers in Mendota, IL for a 1973 Plymouth Duster (I know horrible choice, right). Anyways, it was my fathers and I am in the process of obtaining the VIN from the State of Illinois via a registration look up on a set of old license plates I have. I would greatly appreciate any advice or knowledge anyone has on what to do once I have the VIN. It appears that I will never get the list of owners after my father. The car was dark red from eye witness accounts. I was 4 at the time so not sure about engine, trans, color or interior. I envision manual trans and buckets, but could be more want than reality. Any thoughts on how to chase a 53 year old car down that left the family 47 or 48 years ago?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You can post the VIN on car sites but due to privacy laws most government agencies will not help.