Low boost

clix813

Hello everyone new to the forum. About a year ago I purchased a 2003 grand prix gtp that already had a 3.4 pulley, zzp xps cam shaft, upgraded rockets, zzp headers, cold air intake, and no cat but stock muffler. The thing that I'm curious of is it has a boost gauge but it is only reading about 5.5lbs max. From all the things that I have read on these cars is that it should be making more than that. Not sure if maybe the gauge was possibly installed wrong but was curious if any of you had an idea on why it is reading so low.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
There are a number of causes of low boost but the boost bypass solenoid appears to be a common issue.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
That is the only thing that I had to adjust on our 1999 GTP, it was opening to early allowing boost to bypass.

Other than that I would change the supercharger oil, believe it or not it really does affect the operation of the blower. I replaced mine every 20,000 miles

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.